This electric bike ride follows the new route of the GT20: the Grande Traversée, to discover the northern part of Corsica. Following a route that unfolds on a north-west axis from Bastia, this holiday in its northern version will lead you to Calvi.
Trip available with our digital road-book.
Remember to keep your charger with you during the day.
Your day by day program
Your tour starts in Bastia upon your arrival at the airport with a private transfer to your hotel. This gives you time to discover the capital of Northern Corsica. The old port is superb as well as the freely accessible citadel and the old town which offers a superb panorama on the sea and the surroundings. For the free evening meal, we recommend the old port and its special atmosphere.
Night in *** hotel in Bastia.
In the morning you will begin your day by taking your bike and go North, on a road that runs along the sea, through the woodland interior and joins the other side of the island and its beautiful cliffs. Several Genoese towers strew the course as well as old convents and mills. The marinas with their small fishing ports are beautiful. The evening stop is in Centuri, the first fishing port for lobsters in France. Night in a 3-stars hotel.
55 km (D+ : 717m ; D- : 715m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 390m)
or 69 km (D+ : 1040m ; D- : 1038m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 390m)
You leave the Cap Corse to go South, towards Saint-Florent. Depending on the chosen route, you can discover the village of Patrimonio, famous throughout Corsica for its vineyards. Tastings are possible in the wine-cellars of the village. The views of the Gulf of Saint-Florent are beautiful throughout the stage. In Saint-Florent, do not miss the citadel and stroll on the harbor and its small shopping streets.
56 km (D+ : 1216m ; D- : 1220m ; Min. : 3m ; Max. : 216m)
or 60 km (D+ : 1398m ; D- : 1402m ; Min. : 3m ; Max. : 247m)
Night in a 3-star hotel in Saint-Florent.
You cycle today in the heart of the Agriates desert. From hamlet to hamlet, you cross this beautiful desert and you get closer to the sea. Depending on the chosen route, you can take a road that will lead you to the heights of Balagne for beautiful landscapes before descending to the coast and its Genoese towers. You will soon arrive in Monticello, your evening stop. Do not miss the sunset from the village towards the sea.
51 km (D+ : 796m ; D- : 576m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 372m)
or 82 km (D+ : 1638m ; D- : 1418m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 690m)
Night in 3-star hotel.
Today, you will cross the splendid villages of Balagne singing names, Sant'Antonino, Pigna, and many others, to discover their discrete charms. You will then reach the active Calvi.
Calvi, splendid city, a beach of azure blue, overhung by mountains (natural barrier: the massif of Monte Cinto) and its rock where dominates a medieval city,a splendid Genoese citadel of the 13th century, is a true small paradise where life is good. And do you know that Christobald Colombus was born there?
Night in a 3-star hotel.
Distances: 40 km (D+ : 601m ; D- : 786m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 538m)
or 50 km (D+ : 730m ; D- : 915m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 538m)
Calvi, splendid city, is a real paradise where life is good: a beach of azure blue, overhung by mountains (natural barrier: the massif of Monte Cinto) and its rock where dominates a medieval city (a magnificent Genoese citadel of the 13th century). You can choose between a day free around to enjoy the discovery of the city and its beaches, or go for a 70km loop towards Galeria.
Night in hotel ***.
Distance : 79km (D+ : 1029m ; D- : 1030m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 432m)
End of your stay after breakfast.
A private transfer from your hotel to Calvi airport is included in your holiday. If you wish to extend your trip, contact us.
Departure possible every day from April to the end of October.
- Your holiday starts in Bastia, easily accessible by plane or ferry. A transfer from Bastia Poretta Airport to your first hotel is provided upon arrival.
- Your tour ends in Calvi. A transfer to Calvi Airport is provided after your breakfast.
- In 3-star hotels, in double rooms.
- From 2 persons
- 5 days of cycling with stages of about 70 km per day.
- Your luggage is carried in a vehicle. So you only have to take with you your things of the day (picnic, camera ...).
- Rental of an electric bike TREK UM3 +, with equipment (saddle bag + inner tube + tire changer + pump + patches + antitheft + helmet + rear bag + front bag), delivery and pick up included. : 200€
- Summer supplement (from 01/07 to 15/09) : 115€
- "Luxury" version (3/4 stars) : 470€
- Summer supplement (from 01/07 to 15/09) "Luxury" version : 225€
- Nights in hotels in rooms of 2 people
- Luggage transfer
- Travel documents including maps and guidebook
- The 1st day transfer from Bastia Poretta airport to the 1st hotel of Bastia Center
- The end transfer from the last hotel in Calvi to Calvi airport
- Meals (except breakfasts), drinks
- The insurance
- Site visits
- Optional activities on the program
- Personal expenses
- The electric bike
- Anything not included in the description
- Contact us for bike equipment that you may need (see options)
Sardinia, between mountains and sea on electric bikes
Sardinia - E-bike tours - E-bike - 8 days / 7 nights
Southern Corsica on an e-bike: GT 20 from Calvi to Bonifacio
Corsica - GT20 - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 8 days / 7 nights
Corsica on an e-bike: GT 20 from Bastia to Bonifacio
Corsica - GT20 - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 12 days / 11 nights